**Registration is closed for the 2020 TAGS synchronous sessions. If you would like to be added to the TAGS Collab page to work through asynchronous materials, please fill out this form (Netbadge login is required).
Email email@example.com with any questions you may have.
In August 2020, our Teaching as a Graduate Student (TAGS) workshop will occur remotely with asynchronous and synchronous components. Videos, readings, and other content will be posted for participants to work through on their own time. The materials will address practical considerations for teaching across disciplines and are beneficial for both new and experienced teachers. Topics include:
- Getting to know your students
- Teaching the first day
- Creating equitable and inclusive learning environments
- Using principles of learning-centered teaching to support your students’ success
- Considerations for teaching effectively online
- Grading effectively
Then participants will attend a 75-minute interactive Zoom session, facilitated by an advanced graduate student or a faculty member, in which they will have a chance to discuss the pre-work and make concrete plans for beginning their semester.
The synchronous sessions will be offered multiple times the week before classes begin. All times are listed in Eastern time. The options are:
- Wednesday, August 19: 10:00-11:15 AM; 1:00-2:15 PM; 3:00-4:15 PM
- Thursday, August 20: 8:30-9:45 AM; 10:00-11:15 AM; 1:00-2:15 PM; 3:00-4:15 PM
- Friday, August 21: 10:00-11:15 AM
More information about the materials and synchronous sessions will be sent to registered participants in early August.