We encourage applications from junior faculty who will begin their first or second year as assistant professors at UVa during the fellowship period. Those who will thrive in the Program are colleagues interested in connecting with University colleagues and in contributing to a network of diverse faculty members who are committed to educating students for socially responsible engagement in an interdependent world. We particularly seek applications from faculty from underrepresented groups (including but not limited to first generation Ph.D.s, women faculty, minority faculty, and international faculty) and from faculty whose research interests may not fit traditional organizational frameworks.
Senior faculty and chairs are encouraged to invite candidates to apply and to utilize this Program as part of their junior faculty development initiatives.
To apply, use the on-line form to submit electronically the following information:
- Your scholarly goals related to teaching and research for the next two or three years;
- What you see as benefits of being on the U.Va. faculty and a participant in the EDF Program;
- Your plans for and concerns about a successful U.Va. career, including your strategies for connecting your teaching and research to U.Va.’s diverse student body;
- What benefits would you like to gain from working with one or more Consultants (colleagues with significant experience at U.Va.)? To help us best provide you with outside support, please let us know about any mentoring available to you by your department.
- How will you contribute to building with the other EDF Fellows a community of junior faculty from diverse backgrounds?
- Your current curriculum vitae.
Selection committee members will review applications and announce Fellows as soon as possible, certainly by late summer