Virginia’s Academical Podcast is a regularly occurring talk show which promotes excellence and innovation in teaching at the University of Virginia and beyond. This podcast aims to build a community of educational developers, instructional designers, academic technologists, and educators at any level to discuss creative, innovative, and research-driven approaches, assessments, and technologies related to teaching and learning.
Additional Podcast Episodes can be found here.
If you would like to be a guest on the podcast, please email email@example.com.
Comments, questions, or suggestions for future topics or guests can be sent to the same address.
Topics of conversation:
- Christian Rudder’s Dataclysm: Who We Are When We Think No One’s Looking (1:35)
- Andrew Rossi’s documentary, The Ivory Tower (6:40)
- What is it like being a student working at UVA’s Teaching Resource Center? (10:52)
- Exploring New Avenues for Co-Creating Powerful Learning Environments: a lunchtime event for students and faculty to discuss teaching and learning at UVA (16:47)
- Inspired by the book: Engaging Students as Partners in Learning and Teaching: A Guide for Faculty by Alison Cook-Sather, Catherine Bovill, and Peter Felten.
- How can we create a culture of teaching and learning beyond the physical classroom? (Throughout)
Theme composed by Brian Randazzo.