Virginia’s Academical Podcast is a regularly occurring talk show which promotes excellence and innovation in teaching at the University of Virginia and beyond. This podcast aims to build a community of educational developers, instructional designers, academic technologists, and educators at any level to discuss creative, innovative, and research-driven approaches, assessments, and technologies related to teaching and learning.
A complete list of every episode is available on the Virginia’s Academical Podcast webpage.
If you would like to be a guest on the podcast, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Comments, questions, or suggestions for future topics or guests can be sent to the same address.
Topics of conversation:
- What does neuroscience research impact our pedagogical practices?
- Introverts in an Extroverted World by Laura Tropp
- Kathy Davidson’s story from #ConnectedCourses
- Mobile Devices in Higher Education
- University of Richmond’s Mobile Device Initiative
- Windows 7 ate 9 so Microsoft was forced to go with version 10
- How can Learning Management Systems better reflect instructors’ course design?
- Are traditional undergraduate students adult learners?
- What is the role of technology in a residential liberal arts college?
Theme composed by Brian Randazzo.