|Recent Refereed Articles:
- Bach, D. & Cook-Sather, A. (2016) Open Space: Nurturing Reflection, Dialogue, and Radical Listening in Higher Education. Journal on Excellence in College Teaching, 27(2), 97-116.
- Bach, D. & Alexander, J. (2015). Contemplative Approaches to Reading and Writing: Cultivating Choice, Connectedness, and Wholeheartedness in the Critical Humanities. Journal for Contemplative Inquiry (pp. 17-36)
- Palmer, M.S., Bach, D. & Streifer, A. (2014). Measuring the Promise: A Learning‐Focused Syllabus Rubric. To Improve the Academy: A Journal of Educational Development, 33 (1), 14-36.
- Alexander, J. & Bach, D. (2013). Creating Classroom Community with Reflective Blogs. International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society, Volume 9, Issue, 2, 17-29.
- Lee, V., Bach D., Muthiah, R. (2012) An Exploration of the Spiritual Roots of the Mid-Career Faculty Experience. In: To Improve the Academy. Vol. 28. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 69-85.
- Alexander, J. & Bach, D. (2011) Reading and Joy. In: Chronicle of Higher Education (September 11, 2011.) Letter to the editor.
- Bach, D. (2011). Using Scholarly Online Communities to Empower Students. In: Journal on Excellence in College Teaching. Vol. 22, 2, 5-29.
- Bach, D. & Sorcinelli, M.D. (2010). Assessing Early Career Faculty Programs: The Case for ‘Excellence in Diversity.’ In: L. Nilson & J. Miller (Eds.) To Improve the Academy. Vol. 28. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 310-326.
| Recent Conference Presentations:
- Student-Faculty Partnerships for Learning: Co-creating the Future of Higher Education” (with S. Doktor, A. Deatherage, K. Wadzinski, J. Jones, and B. McAvoy) Conference on Higher Education Pedagogy, Virginia Tec, 2016
- Creating Beloved Communities: Academic Capitalism, Adaptive Leadership, and the Contemplative Project (w. J. Baugher, R. Chess, B. Everson, M. Lee) Association for Contemplative Mind in Higher Education, Washington, DC, 2015
- From Development Intervention to Student Learning: Systematically Measuring the Arc of the Educational Transformation Process (with M. Palmer & K. Inkelas) International Consortium of Educational Developers, Stockholm, Sweden, 2014
- Introducing and Assessing Learner-Centered Principles To and Among the Next Generation of College Professors” (with K. Kurotsuchi Inkelas, D. Little, K. Riewerts, P. Weiss) ICED, Stockholm 2014
- Creating Classroom Community with Reflective Blogs (with J. Alexander), Lilly Conference, Washington, DC, 2012
- Connecting Teaching and Research: Insights from Germany (with S. Lahm), POD, Atlanta, GA, 2011
- East Meets West: Ancient Wisdom, New Science, Engaged Faculty (pre-conference workshop, with S. Robison), POD, Atlanta, GA, 2011
- Using Scholarly Online Communities to Engage Students, Improving University Teaching Conference, Bielefeld, Germany, 2011.
- The Case for Excellence in Diversity: Lessons from an Assessment of an Early Career Faculty Program, Keeping out Faculties of Color Symposium, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, 2010.