Time: October 14, 2:00-4:30 PM
Location: Open Grounds
Would you like to …
- better understand what motivates and engages your students?
- explore a teaching question, issue, or conundrum with trained student consultants?
- be inspired by faculty and students who have co-created exceptional learning experiences?
If you answered any of these questions with “yes”, this event will be for you! It is brought to by Co-create UVA – a collaboration between the Center for Teaching Excellence and the student-led initiative ReinventED Lab.
Learn about high-impact student-faculty partnership work currently underway at UVa. You can engage in one or both of these presentations:
- 2:00-2:40 PM: The Pedagogical is Political: Co-Creating Education for Civic Action. Walt Heinecke, Associate Professor, Curry School of Education; Ibby Han, Fourth Year, Political & Social Thought; Nqobile Mthethwa, Fourth Year, Foreign Affairs
- 2:45-3:25 PM: Using Undergraduate Curriculum Developers to Enhance Inquiry-based General Chemistry Labs. Lindsay Wheeler, Assistant Director of STEM Education Initiatives and Assistant Professor, Center for Teaching Excellence; and Claire Romaine, Third Year, Human Biology
Sign-up for a 40 min individual consultation and get feedback from a trained student consultant on a teaching question, issue or conundrum. You can also get their perspective on more general questions such as what motivates them and their peers to put effort into courses.
- Clinic A: 2:00-2:40 (8 slots)
- Clinic B: 2:45-3:25 (8 slots)
- Clinic C: 3:30-4:10 (8 slots)
Appointments must be booked in advanced. Sign up: Click here
*Light refreshments will be provided